In This Post,
We Will Know the Fastest Way to Transfer Files from PC to PC Using Lan Wire [Updated 2018]
You can Also Watch This Video Tutorial,
[vdgk_video_sticky videotype=”youtube” src=”https://youtu.be/Ra8gCxNzGwE” height=”360″ width=”640″]
Or Continue to the Post Instead for Better Explaination
With Increase in the Sizes of Memory, and Our Usage to it. It is Becoming a Very Difficult thing to do now a days to transfer or copy paste files and data from one device to another.
Whether it is Between Smartphone or Computer/Laptop or Between One PC to Another. The Storage Devices are also Getting advanced and powerful.
So, Here Today, I am Going to Solve this problem in Very Bunch Steps.
First, Let me introduce you to, What is actually You are Transferring.
What is DATA???
Unlike Old Paper Files or Documents, In Computer Data is Stored in Binary form… In Form of 0 and 1. and The Collection of These Digits collection maks Data in Computers. it will be something like…. eg, 010010001, Which may be a instruction to show ‘K’ as Output.
So, Things Work accroding to these Binary Digits, But
Here is The Point Why I am Telling You All this, About DATA
The Speed of Transfer May Differs according to Your Device, So, I want to tell You This in Advance that
Indeed, We are Discussing the fastest Way to transfer files from pc to pc, Yet, It is to be told how data works and transferred.
Let Me Show You
How Data is Stored, Why Transferring becomes slow
Anything you store or save is saved as an instruction in computer. To Output Something on happening of that event etc.
But Was is that Easy to Understand,
The Point Behind Telling you All this is that There can be so many files with Small Size, Which Cause Problem
As You Know Now that Data we Store is an instruction, So, When You have So many Small Files, Which all have different instructions, They will take time.
Data, Doesn’t contain only the Information You are Working on. But also Contact a Thing Called Meta Information
For Example, You have Audios in Your Mobile or Device, Music Instead….
They are Songs, But Have You ever notices They have Some text and Images as well.
Thats What I am Saying about,
The Data We Store in our PC, Contains Two things,
So, The meta Information is also another thing that Cause Slowing Down the process of copying.
Take an Example of Folder Which Contain Two another Folders,
On With A Movie of 1 GB and Another a Collection of Songs of Same Size
Which On will be Transffered First,
The Answer is Movies
Because, It has only one meta information to update, But On the other side In case of Music Songs, It Contains 200 Songs, Which all will have its own meta information to update on the destination folder where is being pasted.
So, Thats Make the Process much slow,
Ok. You Know that Now Lets Move to Fastest way to transfer files from pc to pc in 2018
Things You Need to Transfer files from pc to pc in Fastest Way Possible in 2018
- LAN Wire
- Nothing (Hey, you need Your Two PC’s Where Files are being transferred)
Here LAN Wire Can be Also a Problem in Some Cases
Lets Dig in With The steps to Transfer Files from PC To PC
It is to Be done Only for First Time, Don’t Worry, When You next Time Want to Transfer Files, It Will be easy.
- Connect The LAN Wire on Both Computers
- In First PC, Go the The Control Panel > Networks and Sharing Center
- Check Connections, Wired or Local Area Network Must be There ( It doesn’t matter there is Internet Access or Not)
- On Left Pane: Click Change Advanced Sharing Settings
- In Advanced Sharing Options Do Following Settings as Shown in Screenshots Below
- Back to Network and Sharing Center, Click Local Area Network
- It will Open a Dialog Box, With Some Options Click Poperties
- Here, Find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- In Its Properties, Change to Use the Following IP Address
- Enter IP in First PC: 192.168.1.10 and Click Subnet Mask Field, It Will Generate Automatically, Press OK
- Do the Same Process in Other PC, Just Set IP as 192.168.1.20
- Now, You Are Done, Its Will More Secure and Fastest.
- Press Win Button + R, to Open Run, Enter \\192.168.1.20 (You have enter the ip set of other pc)
- Thats All, You Will Have Access to the Public Folders of the Other PC
- To Add Access to other folders, I Recommend You to Watch My Video, Because thats is Better Explained in there.
All the Screen shots/ Images in Steps